Conductor of the NMSU Philharmonic since 2016, Simón Gollo has a prominent conducting career emphasizing his artistic commitment to educational and social projects of a musical nature in El Salvador, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Aruba, and the United States of America.
The NMSU Philharmonic Orchestra is designed to provide the student an opportunity to explore the orchestral repertoire, including strings and full orchestra materials, through auditions, sectionals, rehearsals, and performances. The repertoire assigned in the course is technically and musically demanding, requiring a high level of preparation from all students enrolled. Students will gain knowledge on how to prepare and lead orchestra rehearsals and concerts.
The NMSU PHIL performs six concerts a year at the NMSU Atkinson Hall.
Other orchestras conducted by Simon Gollo:
- Orquesta Sinfonica Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Ho Chi Minh City Ballet Symphony Orchestra and Opera (HBSO). Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
- Hanoi Philharmonic Orchestra, (HBO) Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Orquesta Sinfónica de Oaxaca, México.
- Orquesta Filarmónica de Zacatecas, Zacatecas. Mexico.
- Filarmónica Joven de Cámara, Bogota. Colombia.
- Ensamble Metropolitano de Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia.
- Instituto Ciranda Cuiabá, Brazil.
- Aruba Symphony Festival and Academy Orchestra, Oranjestad. Aruba
- Esperanza Azteca, Juarez. Ciudad Juarez. Mexico.
- Southwest Honor Orchestra, Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- Nevada School of the Arts, Chamber Orchestra, Las Vegas, NV. USA
- Joven Camerata del Salvador, San Salvador, El Salvador.
- Classical Music Institute, (Youth Orchestras), San Antonio, TX, USA
- ArCoNet The Arts & Community Network. (Chamber Youth Orchestra) Lansdale, PA